RW mission is to offer refugees adequate lodging in shared, private flats
RW is a platform that connects refugees with hosts that are available to offer them medium/long-term lodging (min 6/12 months). The platform also offers support in finding ways to pay for the rent.
The platform work sas follows:
– Landlords register on the platform
– RW connects with the landlord and help him/her in finding suitable candidates
– RW helps the landlord in finding ways to fund the refugee’s stay (i.e. crowdfunding, micro-donations)
– Once the funding is secured, the refugee moves in
Main beneficiary group(s):
The beneficiaries served by RW are:
– Refugees, who can have access to suitable lodging
– Landlords, who can host the refugees and earn an additional income
Refugees Welcome was founded in Germany and now operates in 13 countries: so far it has helped around 1.000 refugees to find a suitable lodging.
Examples of partnerships:
– Ministry of Interiors
– Local authorities