The Nest Social Cooperative Enterprise
EU Personal Identification Code 937710932
26 Ivis str, P.Faliro, 17562, Greece VAT 997448813, National ID D00467, +302109855877 +306941687080 Fax: +302109854965
The Nest is the Hellenic Centre on Social Entrepreneurship & Social Innovation with official branches in Athens, Alexandroupoli (N.Greece) and small ‘nests’ in Lesbos (N.Aegean Islands) and Vytina (S.Greece). Its Vision is to transform entrepreneurial mindsets towards the social entrepreneurship paradigm; to empower people to achieve social change through the development of socially innovative business ventures
- SOFFA is a spin out of The Nest.
- Social Growth supports social entrepreneurship start-ups through capacity building, incubation and mentoring based on a structured protocol. It includes: The Nest Start-up Process©; the 9month Diploma on Social Entrepreneurship certified by the Ministry of Education it applies innovative inductive teaching techniques including action learning sets, design thinking methodologies, graphic facilitation processes, holistic teaching, business modeling canvas, investment readiness, social evaluations metrics, coaching, mentoring and start-up live events.
- It provides acceleration through The Nest Social Entrepreneurship Fund© acting as a SIFI (Social Investment Finance Intermediary);
- It runs various European research & industry projects through The Nest Research Centre on Social Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation & Social Franchising©;
- It builds network relationships among social investors, social entrepreneurs, policy makers and the wider community through The Nest Ecosystem© platform n activities.
- A Social Cooperative Enterprise that constitutes the pinnacle of a prolonged period of professional engagement in the field of social entrepreneurship, social networking, project management and business consulting.
- The Nest Incubator runs training programmes to disadvantaged groups, prospective social entrepreneurs and NEETs (persons not in employment and formal education) all around Greece through action learning, holistic learning and design thinking methodologies. We use use pro-action café, graphic processing and play processing through accredited play-therapists and other specialized techniques that help deliver the learning objectives to these populations. We have also run these methodologies in stakeholder groups in Barcelona and in Amsterdam through the Erasmus Plus programmes we run.
- The Nest skills include: Research and Analysis; IT Developing and network skills; Training / E-learning Training; HR training and coaching; Capacity Building Activities (Seminars, Workshops, Training Sessions); Events Organization; Social Networking; Dissemination of Best Practices in the field of Social Innovation; Reporting Skills. The Nest has the need for supporting and promoting open source projects that have an impact towards society and education, through our experts and academic knowledge. The Nest likes to engage, assist and consult research programs, promote education and training and also projects that include new ideas for mobility and communication.
- The Nest has designed and leads with Athens University of Economics and Business the EU Erasmus+ Programme ‘SOFE- Social and Sustainable Fashion Entrepreneurs’. Partners: AUEB, EL; The Nest, EL; Wageningen University, NL; Brunel University, UK; Authenticity’s Social Enterprise, SP; EOALS, SP; SNAUK, PL
- The Nest was subcontractor of the EU Erasmus+ Programme ‘WiSE- Women Innovators in Social Businesses’ Nov 2013-Oct 2015 wise4women.eu
- The Nest has lead the Research and Analysis WP for WiSE Greece and The Face to Face Workshops, Mentoring and teaching for Greece; The Nest has also participated and performed tasks in the Dissemination Plan, in the Quality Plan and the Exploitation Plan.
- The Nest has designed and run the Project for the creation of social enterprises ecosystem for the Municipality of the City of Athens social.developathens.gr
|Starting Year||Programme or Initiative||Identification Number||Contracting Organisation|
|2015-2017||Erasmus Plus||Social & Sustainable Fashion Entrepreneurs- SOFE KA204-014083||Partner: The Nest Social Coop
Leader: Athens University of Economics and Business
|2013-2015||Erasmus Plus||Women Innovators for Social Business in Europe WiSE 28042014||Subcontractor: The Nest Social Coop
Partner: European Sustainability Academy
Leader: Esade Business School
|2012-2013||European & National Structural Fund||Athens Social Economy Initiative- City of Athens Local Authority||Partner & PM: Dr Fiori A Zafeiropoulou Founder of The Nest Social Coop|
Our History n Values
- “TheNest” was established in 2014 by 6 founding members capitalizing a 10 years’ professional experience in social networking, academic development, business consulting and training.
- “TheNest” represents a holistic approach to contemporary socio-economic needs of any local or regional economy as it provides the framework under which sustainable entrepreneurship can thrive for the benefit of local societies and the environment. With a wide network of associating entities (ImpactHub, ΕλCulture, Aephoria etc) and established professionals that serve as trainers, business mentors and coaches for start-uppers.
- “TheNest”’s mission is to encourage social entrepreneurship by furnishing individuals with all those qualities that will help them to emancipate their business potential. The vision is to contribute to the built up of a better working and business culture among individuals and organizations by supporting the development of the “social entrepreneur” who will adhere to sustainable business practice for the benefit of local communities.
Learn more about us
#soffagr #fashrevgr #whomademyclothes #imadeyourclothes #fashrev #fiorizita #thenestgreece
YouTube: Soffa Social fashion Factory: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKqxjmAxurLm145KQFIPcig
Tedx talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTjPmVGJbgk
Fiori is an academic and a social entrepreneur; holds an award winning PHD on Social Franchising & Entrepreneurship from Brunel Business School (BBS), UK. Candidate Post-Doctorate Researcher at Athens University of Economics & Business (AUEB) where she is also Lecturing Social Entrepreneurship; Holds an MBA BBS; BSc in Ec. AUEB. Actively involved in business incubators and the start-up entrepreneurship ecosystem in Greece. Executive Producer of the TV Show ‘Social Growth’. Founder & CEO of SOFFA.gr– Social Fashion Factory integration into work and entrepreneurship for refugees and trafficked immigrants; She is the Country Coordinator of the global movement Fashion Revolution.org in Greece. Founder & President of The Nest.org.gr Social Growth Incubator. Fiori designed n’ leads the EU funded Erasmus+ multi-country programmes for the incubation of “Social & Sustainable Fashion Entrepreneurs” and the “Social Growth for Trafficking and Refugees”. Her research is being published in conferences, journals and books around the globe. She was invited at the Skoll World Forum 2016 on Social Entrepreneurship in Said Oxford University, SOFFA was shortlisted for the Skoll Venture Award’16, Won sponsorship at Web Summit 2016. She was the Start Up Europe Week 2016 ambassador in Athens. She is a trained facilitator in design thinking methodologies. Designed The Diploma of Social Entrepreneurship at City Unity College. Founded her first company Zita Social in London in 2003 while doing her MBA. Watch her Tedx Talk ‘Are you still dreaming how to be a doer’ documentary ‘Learning from Abroad’ Follow her Twitter FB LinkedIn #soffagr #thenestgreece #fiorizita
Dimitris Raftopoulos is focused on Strategic Human Resources Management and Gender Diversity and Digital Jobs activities specializing in designing, implementing, managing and evaluating European Projects. Holding an MBA he has dedicated his professional experience to human and entrepreneurial development. His knowledge is in the fields of combating gender segregation issues in the working environment, increasing women’s employability through strengthening of professional skills as well as EU-funded programs related to regional development, social inclusion and social policies. He is a social person and he can interact well in a multicultural environment with good communicating skills gained through his work experience. He has been involved in many EU projects and has a solid knowledge on managerial issues, building teams and on stimulating communications. Dimitris publishes regularly on the topic of the Digital Agenda e.g. –A European Parliament Magazine Special Supplement on Women and Technology, European Parliament magazine, London, April 2012 and is a speaker on numerous occasions.
Christianna Vasiliadou is a fashion designer and member of Fashion Revolution Greece. She is in charge for research in European Projects and Head of Clothing Designing at SOFFA-Social Fashion Factory. Graduate of the University of Peloponnese, Faculty of Human Movement and Quality of Life, Department of Nursing, and of Veloudakis Fashion School. She participates in voluntary programs of non-governmental organization for the special Care and Protection of Mother and Children. She supports the children with their schoolwork. Her primary aim is to help children create a critical and constructive way of thinking. Only through the combination of knowledge and critical thinking, children learn to use their own skills and abilities to solve future problems.
Stratis Camatsos is a certified lawyer of New York, and a solicitor of England and Wales. He holds a law degree from Durham University, UK, and two Masters of Law, from UCL, UK and Tulane University, USA. He has years of experience in Washington, D.C., focusing on International law and in Brussels concentrating on European law. He has also established a company, evo3 olive farms, with a social and environmental impact in the food industry (evo3oliveoil.com), producing and exporting premium olive oil and olive products. He is a 4 time award winner and social entrepreneur with his brand ‘evo3’ – Plant A Tree in a deforested area in Africa, for every product sold.
– website: www.evo3oliveoil.com (although it is now in the midst of being updated and not functioning)
Leonidas Skerletopoulos North Greece Community Creator & Certified Coach. Co-founder The Nest Social Coop Head of North of Greece. Special Advisor at Evros Chamber of Commerce on Incubators and Entrepreneurship. Member of Co-ordinators at International Social Marketing Association. Co-Founder UpLo Urban Initiative. BSc Communications, PgDMS, MBA (Marketing)
Aris Athanatos is a graduate of the University of Electronics of the Faculty of Technological Applications Crete Diploma of Electronic Engineer, specializing in telecommunications and web multimedia. He is an artist living between London and Athens for the last 6 years, working with a variety of clients all across the globe, specialise in Web Design and Web Development, Graphic Design and Branding, Search Engine Optimisation, Art and Photography, New Media and Creative Thinking, creating experiences that transform brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives better. His relevant experience includes many years of working and cooperating with companies and various design agencies of the creative industry, very passionate and always try to be the best he can using his ability and willingness to adapt in order to overcome new challenges.
Dr. Pelagia Glampedaki is a chemist with an MSc degree (Hons.) in Polymer Science and Technology from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and a PhD degree in the field of Smart Textiles from the University of Twente in the Netherlands. She has more than 12 years of hands-on experience in scientific research, half of which in Greece and the rest abroad. Pelagia has worked in renowned research institutes, such as the IIQAB-CSIC in Barcelona, Spain, the Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces in Golm-Potsdam, Germany, the Institute for Polymer Research in Dresden, Germany (IPFDD), and the South Eastern Applied Materials Research Centre of the Waterford Institute of Technology (SEAM-WIT) in Ireland. She completed two postdoctoral research projects both of them focused on commercialization of research findings for the development of innovative products, working closely with industrial partners and co-authoring high-rated funding proposals for product development. Pelagia has won three major scholarships, including a Marie Curie fellowship, and she speaks four languages. Being a firm supporter of life-long learning, she attended two intensive workshops in entrepreneurship, business planning and funding sources from the Laboratory of Economic Analysis and Policy, Department of Economics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, while participating in the entrepreneurship contest “IDEA”. Pelagia actively supports also volunteerism having participated in various actions for social, athletic and cultural causes, especially with regard to people with disabilities.
Rosa Kalamara Creative Design & Arts